Wednesday 12 September 2018

Serena Williams, "I don't cheat to win,I'd rather loose"

I had never really been a tennis Fan not until two years ago, I had the opportunity to play table tennis on a hangout with some friends, it was fun I must say,  I remember my elder brother would always pay N5 (1 cents)to play table tennis some 20 years ago, I would sit and wait for him while he played,  he would beg me not to tell Mummy, "Ore, dont tell mummy, you hear? " last child like me, if I hear, anytime he offended I would use that as a threat. 😁

Serena Williams is a lady i admire, her zeal and focus is what one can't help but admire. The achievement of Tennis can't be told without her. Social media went viral with a statement she made to the Umbra at her last match this was as a result of speculations that her Coach was passing codes to her during the match. In her words,

"I don't cheat to win,I'd rather loose"

 Okay.....let's move to the latest Grand slam winner Naomi Osaka!!! What amazes me about this 20 year old  is none other than she spent all her years watching Serena Williams play, its important to note that as a child She had Serena Williams drawn on paper as her Idol!

Preparation they say is the father of manifestation, I had to think of it, she must have practised and practised and practised to defeat the Queen. Serena had to confess that she (Naomi) actually played well.

There is nothing that can defeat a determined heart, it reminds me of the story of David in the bible, David never knew he was building his CV, when the time came for manifestation, the king was dumbfounded when he said "when a bear or lion comes after my Fathers sheep, I run after it and kill it with my bare hands! I am sure the king would have said this boy has killed a Lion with his bare hand, which of you has killed a Lion before! Haha!

I need not state the lessons we can learn from Naomi Osaka, a lady who had spent almost all her life preparing to win.

How does this story inspire you? Feel free to share in the comment box.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment