Friday 16 November 2018

Hearing God Speak.

My mum once had a shop where she sold edibles and the likes, she had given me  some snacks to drop at the shop,  on my way there, I had the thought of taking one of the sachet, I remember hearing "take it!" "don't take it!"  I guess it must have been the Sunday school lessons I heard as a child, we were told that we would hear Satan's voice and Gods voice. Lol  this is not to dispute their teachings but whether or not it was my imagination or the real voice, as a 7 year old it saved me from beating that Night....😂 My mum had counted it when she got back, she said she was testing me....Who tests a 7 year old foodie. Muuuummmmy! Lol.

I remember getting all worked up in college, I sensed God was talking to me but I could not place it.

 I had attended a retreat in School, it was organised by Peace house, a religious organization located in southwest Nigeria,  I remember asking one of the organizers of the retreat during the break out  session,... "how do I know God is talking to me......"  I went ahead to explain different scenarios i had encountered, he gave me an answer that has helped me all through life.



Gods Word: "the first way God wants to speak to you is through his word" that was the response I got from him,
 You can't know a person if you don't talk to him or her, you just keep judging based on what you hear....Imagine I keep talking to you and I don't wait for your response, I just keep going on and on without listening to your response.

That's exactly how it is. God wants to talk to us but the first way is through his word.

And his word became flesh and dwelt among us.....John 1:14

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a like light unto my path Psalm 119:10


For the word of God is living and active  sharper than any two edged sword ,piercing  until it divides soul from spirit, joints from marrow, it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Heb 4:12

As time goes on, after getting accustomed to his voice through the word you will be able to know how God speaks to you, it could be through your thoughts, clear audible voice, dreams etc....however take it one step at a time. Start by studying Gods word.

Thanks for stopping by, this seems to be my longest post so far.  xx

4 comments: